i presume youve installed patches 1.4 and 1.5 ? if you have try these:
I cannot run iw3mp.exe / iw3sp.exe it errors with 'iw3xx.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close'
There are a number of possible reasons for this happening:
1. Realtek onboard soundcards - Make sure you are using the newest drivers available. Some have reported that having a mic
2. plugged in can fix this problem.
3. Realtek onboard soundcards - Sometimes disabling / enabling these can make it work (even if you dont use them for sound)
4. Realtek onboard soundcards and vista - Sometimes uninstalling the realtek driver and letting vista find its own works.
5. AthlonXP and Sempron (not 64bit) - Go into the cod4/miles folder and rename 'mssmp3.asi' to 'mssmp3.bak'. The miles sound system included is known to have issues with 32bit processors. NOTE: This will disable ambient music in the game.
6. Dual X2900xt in crossfire mode - Downloading the WDM driver from the Ati/AMD Site is known to fix this. _________________
i had the same problem, you running realtek motherboard graphics? connect a microphone to the jack, and it'll work. its more a problem with CoD4, it refuses to run at all if the microphone returns a driver error, which doesnt really make sense, not exactly a particularly cruitical game element. _________________
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum