FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile

used trucks
used trucks
Ways to attract More players To Freelancer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moo Freelancer Forum Index :: Freeport 9 Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[WRAITH].Dore.[H]
Spam overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Ways to attract More players To Freelancer Reply with quote

It would be nice to attract more people to the Moo sever. One idea is to increase the amount of starting money so that knew people can setup faster.

Please post the amount of money people should start with and any other ideas that you think may help.

Thanks, Dore.

EDIT: These are specs from other servers. One server had 86 players online Neutral . Starting money =20k and ship was dagger.

Jolt had 17 players and starts with 20k and a starflier

Another server (27 players) gave me a hawk, 10k, and started in new london

Last edited by [WRAITH].Dore.[H] on Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
spidi
Spam overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think about 20000 credits should get them a decent ship like the defender and then give tem some extra money for weaps and maybe trading.

maybe a trade run in NY that gives the trader something like 1500 credits profit so it gives them an incentive to carry on ? Smile
Lots of spam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, and maybe give more credits for missions? the missions are always fun to do but sometimes you don't really get that much money out of it.

Just keep breathing and you'll live.
spidi
Spam overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart wrote:
hmm, and maybe give more credits for missions? the missions are always fun to do but sometimes you don't really get that much money out of it.

agree with you on that one Smile
Spam overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know... I know that when I came to the server, if I had been given a lot of money strait away I probably wouldn't have stuck around - but things have changed since then. (for starters, Jarl_Viking isn't the only player any more)

I have no idea what starting combination would work.
Spam overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ when i started someone gave me enough money to buy an Eagle and gave me cool weaps and i still have that Char now Smile
Lots of spam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well imo, we should give players a starting 20000 credits as spidi says, then as Spidi said, put a good trade run in NY.

then to KEEP them playing, we should give people more money for the missions. i mean if you want a DS or GB you have to go trading or else it will take you AGES before you have enough money. and imo trading gets boring after a while. And i know that many guys say that some more action in trading should help but it's actually quite annoying. when you are at like halfway of your trade run and you then get killed that can be quite annoying.

I like missions more yes, but that's not why I'm saying this. imo the only way to get a DS is by trading

grtz General

Just keep breathing and you'll live.
Numidian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20K should be ok. Another thing to the game be more funny is to add more ships to buy. Why we dont put the Battleships to sell again? For a high price of corse... like that one that mif have on NY.
Spam overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart wrote:
put a good trade run in NY.

Not hard - unlock the NY -> Magellan jump gate and you've got a massively profitable cardamine route. Would make hunters sit in Magellan scanning people to stop smugglers, and would make everyone else stinking rich. We just need some way to unlock the jump gates.... like this way that I made a long time ago.

Would one of the Overlord Admins (Wylie, Bliggy) please give me some feedback on that idea?

Last edited by Leviathan on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
[WRAITH]_Runtman_[H]
Spam overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mod in progress to add all of that, it just needs some tweaking/additions, plus permission... (not to mention beta testing). In the mean time, there is a very simple change that can be made to the server's file's to increase all mission payouts... Bliggster probably is aware of what I'm thinking... if not, message me, I'd be glad to help out (provided that Bliggy actually likes the idea of doing so).

The only force capable of matching human ingenuity is human stupidity.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
shogun mifune.
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think just change it to 20 k and that would be fine perhaps.

also, i would like to see that mod someone made witht the better misisons in it used.
but only if it is play-tested ALOT.
<and by people that r sensible>

edit, this might help?? # http://www.moo-fl.com/Freelancer/viewtopic.php?t=5567&highlight=proven

Last edited by shogun mifune. on Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Blues_Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do most of you think making the game easy is the way forward to repopulating the server?...

Freelancer remains one of the best online games around. Though there are bugs, all ingredients are present for great gaming. The original moo mod which made light fighters dangerous was really good.

Freelancer seemed to start dying with the more sophisticated and harder to detect mods.

I am currently messing with supreme commander and TA, but I would return to freelancer like a shot if I thought it worth while.

I have ships still dotted around but the servers are not fun.
The_Lamb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Can certainly agree that making things easy is not the way forward - if anything promoting team-work is the greatest element.

Should some think FL is getting sour then adding some spice is possible - although I do feel a mod is the only real way to add fresh content - i have recently noticed that the problemic boundries of modding (SUR files) is no longer an issue.

...the single-level gun idea was certainly a very refreshing approach, i have to confess.
ConQUesT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW - the lamb is me - i just figured out my old password Laughing
shogun mifune.
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi m8, was it "ilovemifune" ?
a question or two , why is the problematic sur files no longer a problem

and whaever happened to ur mod?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moo Freelancer Forum Index :: Freeport 9 Tavern All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: