FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile

used trucks
used trucks
Enforcing Rules.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moo Freelancer Forum Index :: Freeport 9 Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[WRAITH].Dore.[H]
Spam overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Enforcing Rules. Reply with quote

I would just like to remind those coming back to Freelancer to read the rules. I have been told by a few people that certain players are F1ing to avoid being killed. F1ing on the server is not allowed if you are being attacked. It does not matter if you do not want to fight. Those caught will be fined.

Bliggy wrote:

Changing character/leaving server/killing yourself
Changing to a different character or leaving the server or F1ing is not allowed if you are in space and currently under attack. If you have died or docked at a base, you are allowed to change to a different character or leave the server. Changing to a different character or leaving server to avoid tax/fine while in space is unacceptable. If you want to keep a character in complete safety, you can keep it in New York. Changing character to save items you are carrying is not acceptable.

Leaving the server, changing to a different character or flying into a planet or sun (or otherwise killing yourself) to avoid the death fine is also not allowed.

The full rules can be found here.
Wynand
Spam overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Can I dock when I'm under attack?
- Once I saw the AOS Mors guy comming up outta no where, since I was planning to stop playing the game anyway and I knew he would most likely attack me I left the game (though he didn't shot anything at me). Is that allowed?

Leviathan
Spam overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and yes so long as he hadn't made any indication that he wanted to fight you (like shooting, or saying anything to you in system or private text)

Uh... though I'm not an admin so I could be wrong.
Spam overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you were ok Wynand. If someone is shooting you then you must run, dock, fight. Nothing wrong with running. If you can escape then you are free to change characters. No suiciding to escape.
Wynand
Spam overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks. Smile

Bart
Lots of spam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think your right on that one levi.
f1ing out of the game when your under attack is just lame imo, but are you allowed to f1 out when someone in a DS tries to kill you while your in an eagle and have said multiple times to that person to leave you alone(this without the pirate or hunter tags, just for normal players who arent wearing tags).

and @ Arne's first point: Docking while fighting gives you no chance at all, as soon as you click the dock button the other guy can just easily kill you while you have no chance of manouvering out.

Just keep breathing and you'll live.
[WRAITH].Dore.[H]
Spam overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the rules it says if you are docked you can leave or change characters. If a DS attacks you , you still have to fight. Although once your dead you may change characters. This may be a problem for Wynand though, I will help you setup a back-up character say tomorrow? That way you aren't trapped while docked. Read the rule that follows atleast.

Bliggy wrote:
Changing to a different character or leaving the server or F1ing is not allowed if you are in space and currently under attack. If you have died or docked at a base, you are allowed to change to a different character or leave the server
Leviathan
Spam overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart wrote:
and @ Arne's first point: Docking while fighting gives you no chance at all, as soon as you click the dock button the other guy can just easily kill you while you have no chance of manouvering out.

With the FLShell though as soon as you get into the docking video you can no longer be hurt, so that's no problem.

(at least that was true when the FLShell was first put on, it may have been changed since then though)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moo Freelancer Forum Index :: Freeport 9 Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: